Sunday, March 4, 2012

Act of Valor



This weekend is awesome! Finally had my bowl of long awaiting Bar Chor Mee from Bedok. The Fengshan Food Centre had shifted to a temporary space at Block 84 due to a face lift lasting 11 months. I am glad both the Bar Chor Mee stalls had shifted as that matters to me most, I can't imagine waiting 11 torturing months for their bowl of noodles. The temporary space is much smaller, consists of both indoor and outdoor seating. You may not find the complete array of stalls like before in the new space as I could not sight my favorite Ah Balling. However you can still find good chicken wings and fried oysters stalls around to compliment your dinner. 

Oh well, I must say the meatballs were so tasty that night! Believe it or not, the only meatballs I swear to come back for more. I finished every bits of the noodles and the soup was so flavorful.   

Where is my favorite Bar Chor Mee?
兴记肉脞面 Xing Ji Rou Cuo Mian Bar Chor Mee
Address: Blk 85 Bedok North Road, Fengshan Food Centre 
Opening hours: 5pm to 1am plus (Closed on Monday)


After dinner, it was dessert time! We stopped by East Coast Park for Ice Cream Chefs, only 15 minutes drive from Bedok. I ordered Durian with chocolate sauce topping (free) and I was kind of disappointed. The taste of the durian was way below standard for some reasons, a little too blend. I did not enjoyed the ice cream treat too much, Udders could have better tasting ice cream than that but overall I am still happy and satisfied with dinner. 


Movie for the week, I highly recommend ACT of VALOR! Watched it with my boy on a Saturday afternoon at Vivo City, our usual movie hang out place. I promised you, every moments in Act of Valor are meaningful and enjoyable. I remembered I cried at one of the scenes when the lead jumped onto the bomb to save his team, it truly touches my heart and I think I learnt something valuable. Anyway, expect running time of 109 minutes for this movie.

Synopsis 
Act of Valor takes audiences deep into the secretive world of the most elite, highly trained group of warriors in the modern world. When the rescue of a kidnapped CIA operative leads to the discovery of a deadly terrorist plot against the U.S., a team of SEALs is dispatched on a worldwide manhunt. As the valiant men of Bandito Platoon race to stop a coordinated attack that could kill and wound thousands of American civilians, they must balance their commitment to country, team and their families back home. Each time they accomplish their mission, a new piece of intelligence reveals another shocking twist to the deadly terror plot, which stretches from Chechnya to the Philippinesand from Ukraine to Somalia. The widening operation sends the SEALs across the globe as they track the terrorist ring to the U.S.-Mexico border, where they engage in an epic firefight with an outcome that has potentially unimaginable consequences for the future of America.

Again, weekend is coming to an end soon. Hopefully everyone will have another beautiful and relax week ahead like Lorax!

No comments:

Post a Comment