Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Brekkie


Working on this blog using a MacBook Pro, i am thinking of switching platform already and get myself a MacBook Air. That would be my Plan A for the year! Anyway, my boy found a Wanton Mee stall online and we decided to give it try this morning. It is located at Tiong Bahru Food Centre, before arriving the carpark were already full of cars waiting for a empty lot. We must have counted ourselves lucky, found a lot in less than 5 minutes.


Hua Feng Mian Jia (華豐面家)
#02-24 Tiong Bahru Market & Food Centre
30 Seng Poh Road, Singapore 168898
Open on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays; 6am to 2pm

As soon as we arrived at the stall #02-24, the queue was as long as a dragon! I never expected the queue to be so bad, it took nearly an hour to have our food ordered. Keeps me wondering what's so special about their Wanton Mee! Here came our Sunday Brekkie:




The noodle is very springy and "Q", best of all I love the lean char siew meat as it has no traces of fats at all and yes the wanton! The wanton is very unique in some way, has a after taste of mild salted fish. Normally I prefer fried wanton over the soup based ones, however I am showing my two thumbs up for this! It was worthwhile the time to queue for this wanton mee and now I see why their business is so well received by the public. Oh well, I skipped the chicken feet as usual my boy seems to be indulging the whole plate of feets by himself! What a high collagen intake in a day, probably that's the secret to his great skin! Damage for our breakfast this morning, $9.00.

After breakfast, taking the opportunity to "ta bao" my favourite Chwee Kueh home as well. Their chilli and chai bor are the best in town, yes that would be my breakfast for tomorrow!

Last bits of Tiong Bahru ....




No comments:

Post a Comment