Friday, February 10, 2012

Canada

Journey to Waterloo ....


4th April 2005: We travelled in a group of 6 to Waterloo, Canada. This has been the furthest country I ever been to in my life and I am not sure what to expect, filled with anxiety and curiousity. Why in a group of six, we hardly even know each other. We are the lucky group! Among the six of us we have a good mix of 3 guys and 3 ladies meeting for the first time at Singapore Changi Airport, all ready for our 2 months job training. This must have been the luckiest day in my life to have been so far away from home.

The six of us: Jessica, Carine, Chris, Brandon, Jonathan, Ken
Our transit at Hong Kong, while waiting for our long haul flight we started some networking to know one another:


After Hong Kong, we arrived atToronto Pearson Airport:

I reckoned no one actually had a good sleep on the long haul, but soon everyone got over the tiredness quickly as we received a warm welcome to the country by a white limousine to bring us to the hotel. 



Around Kitchener ....
Everyone were jet-lag and trying extremely hard to adjust to the time difference. Fortunately on our 2nd day, we were able to get out and explore Kitchener. It was spring back then, a thick jacket would just be enough to keep us warm. Our hotel was arranged at Fourpoints Sheraton in Kitchener, each of us have our own room and good thing was on the same floor!















It started snowing ....
A few weeks later one of the girls got really close to me like a buddy, we shared a room for the night and something happened. She shouted and woke me up the next morning! I reluctantly left my bed and took a glance outside the window where she was standing. Oh my god, it started snowing! This would be my first time to see and feel the white snow. We were so excited, a few of us went out and stop by Tim Hortons for a quick photo session! Talking about Tim Hortons, I am totally in love with their donuts, sandwiches and coffee! I must admit their donuts are the best in the world. OMG, can you image how cold it is outside!





Wonders of the falls ...
One of the wonders of the world, how can we missed it! Yes we made it to Niagara Falls with a two hour drive, thanks Jonathan who reluctantly agreed to be the driver. Upon arriving, we were all taken back by the manificant sight of the falls! It was a beautiful beautiful day and everyone got closer as the days went by. We started our training, intensive training everyday and we definitely look forward to this trip during the weekends.








A day in Canada Wonderland ....
My most adventurous moment happened in the Canada Wonderland. Took part in a bungee jump with two colleagues, easily 15 storeys in height. Looking back, I am not sure where my courage came from as I am quite timid. But yes, I did it with no regrets and closed my eyes throughout the jump haha..








to be continued ....


No comments:

Post a Comment