Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happy Birthday to my mummy!


Chilli crab sauce was quite a success last night, at least to me. The creation was derived from my comparison of a few YouTube videos and recipes. Hey, my first attempt okay! One feedback was to make the gravy more spicy, well noted!

So the final menu prepared for my mum's birthday, by me:
1) Prawns with chill crab sauce
2) Chicken wings and potatoe braised with soya sauce
3) Nai Bai vegetable with stirred fried with dry shrimps
4) Sotong Balls
5) My sis came up with a last minute ebiko sushi and a soup!



After dinner, the highlights for the night would have been the durian cake from Pine Garden's Cake, my mum's favorite my boy hates haha! Pine Garden's Cake is apparently very popular for their Lychee Martini cake, I think I tried that a few years ago however durian infused cake remains my all time favorite! We were lucky with the cake as my sis did the last minute ordering online on Thursday and surprisingly they were able to fulfill the order for us on Saturday! The cake was yummylicous ....

Blinking Sunday ...
Went for a movie with my boy at The Cathay today. He picked "The Grey" casting Liam Neeson. It is about a group of oil-rig roughnecks are left stranded on the sub-arctic tundra after their plane experiences a complete mechanical failure and crashes into the remote Alaskan wilderness. The survivors, battling mortal injuries, biting cold and ravenous hunger, are relentlessly hunted and pursued by a vicious pack of rogue wolves. Liam Neeson plays the leader of the team. Overall, I did enjoyed the movie but I hated the ending. Watch it and you will know what I meant!

Finally, bought an extra USB cable for my iphone from Funan. Damage $28, nothing comes cheap nowadays even for a simple cable! This should save my daily hassle of switching my one and only cable from laptop to the phone charger. I gave Apple two thumbs up for their products, packaging is sleek and designer-ish!

No comments:

Post a Comment