Sunday, February 19, 2012

Wakey Wakey ...

This morning I received a few text messages from Hazel trying to wake me up, I was refusing to get off my bed for such an early brekkie on a Sunday morning. I am glad we did eventually meet up at Pek Kio Market as planned. This was my first time to Pek Kio Market. We got here slightly before 9am, found a table and there was no queue at the stall.


This is the big prawn noodles stall highly recommended by Hazel and apparently well received by the public. Hazel ordered the $10 bowl and my boy got me a $8 bowl. The difference between the two pricing would have been the size of their prawns. Each bowl has 3 jumbo prawns.

Wah Kee Big Prawn Noodles
Blk 41A Cambridge Road, #01-15 Pek Kio Market and Food Centre Singapore 211041

Here came our prawns and noodles served separately. Look at the size of the prawns, I can't resist to try it immediately when it arrived. The aroma of the soup reminds me of lobster bisque and it does taste every bit like a real lobster bisque without the cream of course. The noodles was served with small bits of fried porky fats which level up the overall taste of the noodles. I am sure I will be back again for the jumbo prawns as I have never tasted something like this anywhere. The prawns were so fresh and juicy! Two thumbs up for my Sunday Brekkie, certainly worth sacrificing my beauty sleep for this unexpected breakfast experience!



Egg3 Cafe ...
After a satisfying breakfast, I suggested chilling out at Mountbatten Egg3 cafe. Opens at 10.30am, we arrived 5 minutes early which was alright as we still get to enter the cafe and finding a comfortable place to rest was easy. The new decors and unique items in store got me excited each time, can't resist to browse around whenever I am here. I settled for their homemade lemongrass tea which aids digestion and because it reminds me of Bangkok. Their homemade lemongrass tea was served in a hugh yellow Marilyn Monroe mug below which costs only $3.90.

Oh well take a look at the number of photos taken below, you can imagine how mesmerized I am! Egg3, I rave about their concept and unique items that were brought into Singapore from fashion to furniture pieces. I am a avid lover of Egg3, most of my friends knew that too!  









 Thank you Delwen ...
This lovely necklace was a present from her. Yes, she is back from Canada after 4 weeks of business trip. We met up for dinner last night to catch up on our latest happenings in life. It feels good to stay connected with friends you care about. Love the necklace, thank you Delwen! 

Every necklace makes me happy! :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment