Sunday, March 18, 2012

A new beginning ...


Start of Day 1
Finally, I arrived at Changi Business Park by bus - train - walk. Time checked, 7.30am! Early by an hour, that was the reason why I had the luxury to enjoy a cup of tea at the food court. Frankly, I am slowly liking this foreign place. Trade off the traveling time by the convenience of a food court right below the building, and a convenience store. I also sighted a Harry's bar from a distance and other choices of eateries around the corner too. No more complains, Singapore is a small city after all. I had been to Shanghai for work last year, makes me more appreciative of the transportation and living condition in Singapore as we are so much well taken care of.

Well, today I felt like a vulnerable kid returning to school on the first day.


The Coastal Settlement
TGIF! I have been eagerly waiting for Friday to come, meaning time to catch up on my sleep over the weekend. My body clock is still trying to adjust to the new working hours. I have been dragging myself out of the bed at 6am! I had enjoyed 6 months of freedom, now it is time to give back and start working harder.

Anyway, right after work we quickly head towards The Coastal Settlement for our dinner since the restaurant is just minutes away from my office. The restaurant resembles a colonial house hidden in a remote side of Changi. We arrived much earlier than our reservation time, fortunately the waitress was kind enough to get us a indoor table.




On the outside, it feels like you are walking into a secret garden of mother nature. At the entrance, I was totally captured by their vintage collection of decors, cars and Vespa. Makes me so curious to meet the owner! 



Our dinner choices from the menu, damage $164.80

  Wings ......... To share
  Seafood Marinara ......... Chris
  XO Prawn Spaghetti ......... My Boy
  Nasi Lemak ......... Hazel
  Wagyu Beef Burger ......... Ken
  Chocolate Milkshake ......... for the ladies
  Wine ......... for the guys

Overall, I enjoyed the food and ambiance of this casual dining restaurant cum cafe style. You can expect a relaxing evening with a view of Mother's nature and wind down to their live band with great choice of oldies and jazz. Reservation is required as the restaurant was fully reserved on Friday when I was there. Not many parking lots available within the vicinity, you may have to explore other carparks around the corner. 







As always, a great and satisfied meal makes me happy and same goes for my friends. The Coastal Settlement, see you again as we will be back for more!

  


Where is?
The Coastal Settlement-TCS
200, Netheravon Road, Singapore 508529.
Telephone Numbers: 6475 0200

Operating Hours:
Monday - Sunday { 10.30am till 12 Midnight } Last order for Food @ 9:45pm
Serving: All Day Breakfast, Lunch ,Tea / Coffee Break, Dinner,
Happy Hours & 'Happier Hours!'.

No comments:

Post a Comment