Tuesday, February 14, 2012

夜 Shanghai

Lucky me! I was in Shanghai twice last year, business trip each lasted two weeks. Memories of Shanghai started flowing when I was on the way home, in a long bus journey ride home.

Oriental Pearl Tower ...
Shanghai is the largest and most prosperous city in China, often called the "Paris of the Orient" or the "Pearl of China." So here I am with the Pearl as the sunset for the day.



Tian Zi Fang, Shanghai Art Street ...
The one place that truly mesmerize me would have been Tian Zi Fang, also well known as the Shanghai Art Street. In Tian Zi Fang, you will be amazed by shops after shops and countless choices of cafes from Thai to European. This is my ex-colleague Dawson who joined me in the business trip and we clicked very well like "sisters". Dawson is very outgoing and adventurous therefore he makes a good travel buddy, we hang out most of the days after work.










Yu Yuan Garden ...
This is the Chinatown of Shanghai, part of our weekend itinerary. Weather was pretty hot when I was there in June, be prepared to bring a hat along and be generous with your sunblock. Plenty of souvenir shops, we arrived here in the morning and the crowds were building up by noon. Found some Shanghai magnets and Ba Bao Cha to bring home. Can't believe it! There is a H&M in Yuyuan and without hesitation I quickly indulged myself in a shopping spree for clothing. Back then, H&M isn't available in Singapore hence my excitement.







The Bund ...
Best view of Shanghai explanade has to be The Bund. Dinner was arranged at The Lost Heaven. Highly recommended by me! This restaurant serves tribal cuisine from China's Yunnan province. The food is tasty and reasonably priced, generous serving if you have a few guests and best of all it is just a few minutes walk to The Bund. Look at the amount of food we had ordered for our first night in Shanghai!






Last few days ...
We rented a service apartment at MODENA for two nights due to the extension in Shanghai. Booked this boutique hotel online for a good price and both of us were fascinated by the room! Two storey apartment, I took the room on the upper deck and Dawson occupied the lower deck room. If you are in Shanghai on holiday, do consider this service apartment by Fraser as the subway is just right opposite the apartment, 3 minutes walk would get you to the subway and everywhere!







Favorite fast food ...
Dong Fang Ji Bai 东方既白 is a fast food subsidiary of KFC in Shanghai. The name of the chain sounds somewhat vulgar if you know what I mean, Delwen's loves to make fun of it and I think I got her addicted to the tarts too. Anyway. The egg tarts are irresistible! I can't remember how many of these egg tarts I had for lunches and snacks since they do delivery for most locations. I shall be back for more in the near future.



To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment