Monday, February 6, 2012

Face it!

Oily skin, pimples and blackheads appeared to be my "hell" friends since my teenage days. I blamed myself for the bad skin care routine as I was ignorance what is good for the skin.

Since young, I made the worst mistake in resulting my visible pores these days! I replaced a normal cleanser with a facial scrub and believe it or not I used it everyday and scrubbed hard on my pimples which worsen the condition at one point.

A few years after being in the work force, I heard and learnt more about advanced skin care from products to oral medication from my colleagues. Back then I was working in a female dominated environment, it was so easy to exchange beauty tips anytime. I have been switching from various beauty products off the shelf from Biotherm to pimple creams bought from Watson. Sadly, nothing seems to work !

6 years ago I visited a skin clinic in Yishun, recommended through word of mouth. The doctor prescribed a oral medication for me, a pink pill to take twice a day. It contains a high dosage of vitamin A therefore not suitable for those who are pregnant or going to be mothers. The results were AMAZING! My face was no longer oily like before, it stayed matt after many hours. My makeup stayed longer too, blotting reduced and pimples not popping out so frequently. I took the pill for three months and have to revisit the doctor from time to time for a review. I  was on this amazing pink pill for 2 years, gradually observed some mild side effects. Throat gets dry easily, my scalp turns dry and weight gained. I stopped the medication considering it was not a permanent solution, at the same time I am worried about other side effects that may potentially kicks in.

The most expensive treatment I ever indulged in would have been a facial package signed up with Jean Yip many years ago. Every girl loves facial and deep cleansing but I must admit it is not the best and fastest way to treat a pimple prone skin, you need patience and money when comes to facial. I did not see any significant results after all and I hated the hard sales techniques getting me to sign up more sessions.

Nowadays, my face condition is much better though I still have visible pores and occasional breakout and ugly blackheads. My mum recommended me to a skin clinic in Toa Payoh, the clinic is quite popular! Try avoiding a visit during the weekend as the queue is horrendous. You are likely to see Dr Victor Wee whom I have consulted for my skin problems. During my visit, Dr wee had prescribed a take home kit which consists of a cleaner, toner, skin renewal cream, oil control cream, sun blocked and AHA gel. A face photo was taken as well to see the before and after results of using their products. I have been his customer for nearly 4 years and i am still regimently using his products till today.

Honestly, his products are quite costly to me. Their full size products, I paid closed to $250 on each visit which normally last for three months before I replenish.

Kin Mum Clinic
Address: Blk 66 Lorong 4 Toa Payoh
#01-319 Singapore 310066
Tel: +65 62566353





1. Facial Wash
2. Toner
3. Sun Block (green)
4. Skin Renewal Cream
5. Oil Control Cream
6. Skin Repair Cream
7. AHA Gel











Based on my years of trial and error, visit a Skin clinic that has a trusted doctor with years of experience is still the best and effective solution to a beautiful skin. I am still on a constant look out for better solution to improve my skin, who knows what product I will be using next time, till then.

Before I go, Therapeutic Dermatologic Formula (TDF)’s is having a free sample giveaway. All products are prescribed by medical professionals for treating oily and acne-prone skin! Simply proceed to their Facebook page and click Like to grab a free sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment